Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Asgard II: Falmouth, England - Arhus, Denmark

It was a very productive train journey down as I read lots of book relating to next year. I arrived and discovered I wasn't the first to arrive, and had been beaten by two Fins (Lotta and Elli), it was great to see the Asgard was as stunning as ever. I had been given a top bunk, which I prefer not to have as it always concerns me I may fall out of bed if the pin to which I tie my lee cloth to comes out the wall. The first meal was quite quiet as there were only four of us there, as we had now been joined by an English man, Gavin. The food as ever was superb as Kevin the cook was still in charge of the galley. I always wonder if I would put weight on if I stayed too long, as the amount of food I eat increases dramatically. The rest of the crew eventually turned up. It was odd being back in Falmouth, as this was the last port of call from the previous adventure on the Asgard II.
We spent a day or so in Falmouth, and visited some of the same places as last time, but we also went to the National Maritime Museum, which had lots of interesting crafts inside, and fun things like the smallest vessel which has ever crossed the Atlantic a mere 5 and a quarter foot long!

We finally were off sailing and went to Dartmouth, ice cream was eaten, swings were found, and 8 people squeezed into a phone box:-)

The next stop was Weymouth, where we found a great pub which was open until late but were asked to leave due some people not have ID.








Rendsberg, Germany was the next place we went after going along the Kiel canal. A very pleasant place, with shops selling guns for 'cool kids' and amazing metal sculptures in the town centre with movable joints.














After there we headed off to Aero, and went for a swim in the sea, which was great fun. At the bank in Aero they had Lego!















Aero had some really nice streets, and very pretty.

Arhus was great, it had some amazing graffiti and we learnt why not to mess with Russians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home